Friday, April 1, 2011

It's cake time!!

Being on maternity leave has not only given me the opportunity to bond with my baby and take photographs until the cows come home, but has also allowed me to become creative and inspired in other aspects of my life. Last September, I had the bright idea to make a cake decorated with fondant (home made fondant) for my dad's birthday and it, to my surprise, turned out better than expected! This then led to an extravagant Alice In Wonderland cake for my daughter's 4th birthday party, a somewhat elegant birthday cake (29th again) for my mom and today, a bright and spring inspired cake for my grandma's birthday. I have to say that without YouTube, venturing down this cake decorating road would have been much bumpier! My next ventures in cake decorating will be for one of my closest friend's baby boy and (sniff sniff) my little guy's 1st birthday cake. I'll make sure to post photos of those cakes as well!











1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, you are truly a woman with many talents! I can't wait to see baby's cake; it will be made with love.

    ReplyDelete